SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy View Post
I may joke with you about the movie thing but, this was a serious deal and in light of the string of tragic losses we suffered over the last couple years, to have that kind of response in this kind of race from the race officials is down right scary.
I agree. Most of this organizations are a money making machine in the good old boy club. They charge the participant $3500 plus all other fees. The sale of merchandise and media coverage etc are lots of profits.

I did closed to 10K nm sailing in just short few years, I have never needed to go out on deck in pitch dark to fix anything so urgently. In this voyage, 4 out 6 wild gybes, Jake and I had to get on deck in the dark to rescue or to tame the spinnaker. The spinnaker was so enormous and powerful that I was yanked airborne a couple time. I was Hoisted 4 time to the forestay when the boat was in motion. I was being swung and banged against the forestay. I was not afraid of dying. But dying for Harry's stupidity is not I have in mind.

Harry has been living in this country for 16 years who has not learned how to behave properly and respect another human being. His way of life must be stopped. Look at his way to treat his partner in the last two days of the voyage. What an evil man!!!

Jake: I hope you coming in soon. Insert some of your words in here.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Last edited by rockDAWG; 07-31-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook