SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
TROUBLE

RTB is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Nice write-up rockDawg.

I have had an unpleasant experience crewing on a boat in a regatta. Only 2 days/one night, fortunately. I had actually sailed with this captain before, but that wasn't enough to know his actual abilities or how he "played with others".

Another time, I crewed for i2f and his wife, Melanie. We sailed from Green Cove Springs to Cartagena, Colombia. There were some moments that became uncomfortable, but nothing to get upset about. We had known each other for quite awhile, but being at sea for weeks at a time can become tiring, mentally.

I often look at "crew wanted" and "wanting to crew" posts. I just shake my head, wondering how things played out for anyone answering to these positions?

Don't slam the race committee. If you sign on as crew, you really should have done your homework on the skipper. Same for the skipper. Don't put inexperienced crew on your boat. At least not someone that has no idea of what it will be like once the starting gun fires. Certainly not on the Transpac!

Just my 2 cents.

Ralph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook