SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Tour de France - Cammas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
I saw Capado out sailing in Newport Harbor 2-3 weeks ago, when I was racing my Laser at the Sail Newport Regatta. The Class 40 Gryphon Solo (Akilaria 2) was also out sailing that weekend. Lots of interesting boats to see in Newport.

Glad to have you posting again, Paulo!

Mr. P
I have free internet from the Café in front of the boat. I am at the quay in Preveza while my wife does the loundry. Nice place for provisions, water and diesel. The place only costs 12 euros and that includes water.

I remember you have talked here about the Tour de France (sailing), the French classic for crewed racing (same boat to all - M34). It is not expensive so everybody can race with equal opportunities to won. A dangerous race for top sailors that risk to be beaten by young guns.

Not the case with Franck Cammas. He raced...and won. Probably more difficult to win here than on the last Volvo

The man is just incredible, from the Volvo to the absolute sailing record around the world (already beaten) to winning solo sailing on the Route du Rhum, this guy is a legend and contrary to other sailing legends he is relatively young, most of the time younger than his crew.

To become the better and more versatile sailor of all times (solo and crewed race, monohulls and multihulls) I guess he has only to race and win a Vendee Globe. Who knows if it is on his mind?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 08-01-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook