SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Naa. No influence. But I hang out in both places - have for a long time. There's an absolutely incredible amount of experience and knowledge there (not to mention wit).

So, I like SA a lot (especially CA). When there's a great story like this that deals with a race sailors are interested in, I have no problem spreading the word. I'm just selective on the word I spread.

Anyway, they're good guys. Just a little edgier than most. I happen to like their "ilk".
I agree with that. I also read a lot of their posts. I Dont get involved with them though. I respect the knowledge and information there. Having spent a number of years crewing in Annapolis races and a few Newport to Bermuda ones I understand their mentality also. Racing really helped me hone my sailing skills in terms of sail trim etc. I was always crew or navigator/ tactician in later years.

I have no where the skill or hard core ability as most on SA, but their viewpoints are kind of spot on and blunt without the nanny niceties you see here many times.

Their view of this situation has turned since the initial reactionary posts of incredulity have started weighing in also just like here. The more you think about this the more questions arise.

At least everyone survived and is safe. That's the most important think. Many lessons to be learned by all sides.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook