SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013

Coquina is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Wow - so many levels of FAIL I don't know where to start.
RD - you showed stupendously bad judgement in even getting on that boat. I would not go from the fuel dock to the holding tank pumpout dock with that bunch, let alone out in the OCEAN farther than I could swim back to land. You have never flown a CHUTE? Really? WTF

How exactly is this going to work You don't know much and the rest know even less. I have turned down offshore passages with MUCH better crew than this because there were not enough experienced hands aboard. I ran a 2 good man 4 useless passenger offshore trip ONCE and vowed NEVER again and those 4 were pleasant if not especially good.

* As it happens, I was on the receiving end of a hysterical MAYDAY call once on a hot flat calm day. A voice screaming over and over "we have no water we have no oil". I was in a poor position to help, the calm having strectched my own supplies as well. As I was wondering what to do a calm voice came on and told me the first guy had been in the sun too long. I am wondering how the "we can't get along" calls went. If your posts are factually accurate including denial of water and physical attacks I would have been calling Mayday and setting off every beacon I could find, not just suggesting I was unhappy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Coquina; 08-02-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook