SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013

sailpower is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
The same can be said of every other piece of disclosed information that is shared with a potential buyer. However, unlike all the other information, the survey comes from a neutral, licensed third party, so his biases are less likely to be swayed by self-interest.
I think that is mostly true but unfortunately not always.

Quote:
Define "giving it away." If protected by copyright, then there is no need to make a copy. Just show the existing copy to the potential buyer. If it was shared with the seller, the chain of confidentiality has been broken already.
Is that a legal opinion or an opinion? I have seen surveys that state they are the property of the surveyor and are not to be shared without his permission. I am wondering what the law is.

Quote:
Question for the brokers: Why shouldn't your response be, "Sorry, the YBAA Code of Ethics prevents me from lying when directly questioned about your boat." It would seem to me that this is the only acceptable response. Any other answer is a violation of section 1.3 and/or 1.4 of the YBAA Code of Ethics:
Again, is that a legal opinion or an opinion? Can an agent of the seller act in any way against the sellers interest? I am wondering what the law is.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook