SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1989 Hunter 40 - A million questions.
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1989 Hunter 40 - A million questions.

Okay, here's the first one. Though the survey didn't catch it, there is a pretty bad leak in the water tank. I can't quite tell where it's coming from...but the water is coming out from under the tank...especially when it's over maybe 1/3 full. I discovered it when refilling the tank after we'd emptied it over a couple of weekends. I filled it all the way up and it was leaking like crazy into the bilge.

It's a 105 gallon aluminum tank - and has what I assume to be some kind of baffles on top as shown here:

So my question is this...any reason I shouldn't remove one or two of those covers and see what I can see at the bottom of the tank? My hunch is that it's corroded - but I would love to discover just a bad supply fitting on the bottom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook