SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Dude,

I think you're too obsessed with nit-picking my statement, and you've gotten off focus from my primary point.

If a seller has a boat that has been surveyed in the recent past, I would want to see the survey(s). Period. End of story. All your allegations about lousy surveyors don't matter to me. I want to see the survey(s). I'd be happy to hear the broker's argument of why the survey was wrong - I'm a reasonable person. I'd even look the boat over myself and might come to the conclusion that the surveyor was wrong. But don't pretend (or lie) that a survey wasn't done, and make me waste money to hire a surveyor who will tell me the same thing. I should be able to decide for myself whether the issue is worth a second opinion from a different surveyor. At the very least, I need to know who did the prior survey(s) so I don't hire the same surveyor the last guy did. That's not a second opinion at all.

A "fair and honest description of the vessel" should include that disclosure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 08-04-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook