SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
1.6 The Broker in his/her advertising will be especially careful to present a true picture of the vessel and/or its condition and will not advertise without disclosing his/her name, nor permit his/her sales people to use the individual's name or telephone numbers, unless the sales person's connection with the Broker is obvious in the advertisement.
You mean the photos that I constantly see that were obviously taken back in 1979 of the boats listed on various sales sites are not really how a broker should represent a vessel?

That seems to be something some of them have not been good at doing. I want to see photos of the boat that show its current condition, not how it looked back when the original owner still had hair. I want to see something that helps me understand how the boat looks now. Oh, and once again, sellers please clean up your boat, make it look like you were actually trying to impress someone you like, not like you are selling the boat because you are disgusted with it and too exhausted from trying to keep it from sinking to clean it up before you take the photos.