SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013

SalNichols94804 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Look, Sal, I don't disagree that there's a lot of whinging in RDawg's posts. He obviously got in over his head and didn't handle things very well from the start. And, yes, he's got an attitude in this story...one I don't completely agree with.

That said, you seem to have this unwavering "Skipper Is God" mentality with your viewpoint. Yet, simultaneously, you absolve the skipper and blame the whingy crew. Sorry - I don't buy it.

From all your quotes above, show me where RDawg...

...prior to a winch handle being wielded by the very Ungodly Captain Furious. I don't see it. And if you don't either, you really shouldn't be cool with any skipper/owner physically assaulting his crew. Period.

It just seems to me that you're ignoring quite a few "facts" (at least as presented in the story) to conjure up some drama of your own.
Smackdad, RD expressed his willingness to escalate the conflict on Day 7. That after being hoisted up the rig 4x to repair the head foil. I'm not conjuring here, it's in his words.

As for the skipper being god, well there you have it. My boat, my rules. If you don't like them, stay ashore or stfu and sail the boat. I'll ask for opinions, but there's only one vote.

Btw, I've said all along that everybody but the old lady had a part in this mess.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook