Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Thread: Kent Narrows
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #26
NickPapagiorgio

NickPapagiorgio is on a distinguished road
Re: Kent Narrows

Well I'm happy to report that we made it through the Narrows without incident. Our draft was 4' 8". The depth gauge went down to 4.2' at the lowest point (that I noticed). I think the depth gauge was calibrated so there were a few inches to spare though because heading back into the marina in Rock Hall, I made a few circles just outside the fuel dock waiting for another boat to leave, and the depth gauge went to 3.9'. If that were accurate, we would have run aground and we didn't.

Anyway, we hit at about 1:30 p.m. on a 3:30 p.m. high-tide and didn't have any problems. They did move the channel so you go outside around Green 3. They basically make Green 3 Red 4 and put a green can, which is now Green 3, if that makes any sense.

Good luck if you make the trip.

Kevin
NickPapagiorgio is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook