SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013
SoCal Liveaboard

waterandwine is on a distinguished road
Re: Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...

Hi.
I just finished a similar process that took me 9 months, a move from Atlanta to SoCal, from a 2250sq. ft house to a 42' Catalina, from a marriage to being single, etc. I just moved aboard this week in Cabrillo Marina.

I got some great advice from this board and the many, many, many people all around I asked. Everyone has an opinion, and unless you know their personality, boating experience, hundreds of personality preferences, etc., then the advice has to be taken with a grain of salt (that's my advice, and you know none of that with me, so here's also your grain of salt...).

At the end of the day it is all about your preferences and the trade-offs you're willing to make. AND, knowing your limitations; the difference in cost to do something yourself and have someone else do it is MASSIVE. Be cautious with your opinion of what you'll really like doing and your ability to figure out how to do it. Assume that if you haven't done it, you'll need some help. And that costs.

Mostly, don't forget that you're doing this for fun and love of being on the water. Anything that gets in the way of those two things isn't worth it.

I can't wait to follow your adventure. Good luck!!

T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_/)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook