SailNet Community - View Single Post - That kinda sucked, but I chose this life so...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013

krisscross is on a distinguished road
Re: That kinda sucked, but I chose this life so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Yeah know, we have been to sea a lot together over the past 25 years. We crewed on a tall ship for years together, we even were arrested in a Venezuelan brothel back '89 and driven out into the jungle hand cuffed together in the middle of the night. So there really is very little love loss. And what was lost will re kindle. But I'm still kinda pissed a little. Some other trivial sh!t went down just before and after the trip that added to the whole, But I actually had an epic sail that night. I sailed 70 miles in 10 hours through the night, milky way, shooting stars and pink lightning off my starboard shoulder. I'd do it again
Sometimes people that are close to us will take us for granted. Happens all the time in friendships, marriages, and families. You just have to find in your heart to forgive and forget. He needed you, you were there for him, you scored some good karma points that will come back to you some day. And sounds like you also had some good sailing time. Not bad my friend, not bad at all...
And thanks for sharing this story.