SailNet Community - View Single Post - That kinda sucked, but I chose this life so...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: That kinda sucked, but I chose this life so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Sounds like you should contact a lawyer and sue for poor work conditions and not getting a proper break. Perhaps contact the department of labor. At least you were not confined to your quarters.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4
Speaking of that, check this out. A guy I know here in Key west, a Captain, was fired because he wrote in the log of the schooner he ran, that the owner was running the engine off of a jerry can in stead of the main tank, and that they had also fixed the broken alt. bracket with a wood wedge instead of replacing the broken arm/ Which in turn fell out, blew the belt, stopped the water pump and overheated, no alarm and blew a rod. So they fire him and ripped the page out of the log. I'm thinking this guy has a case against these A-holes, whom are one of the towns biggest charter company's with many boats. I just saw one of the owners while walking my dog and I pointed and laughed at him, and told him we're all talking about him. He, not really knowing me from Adam, just looked at me with fright. He knew what I was talking about.