SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel in oil - where to start?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013

Skagit is on a distinguished road
Re: Fuel in oil - where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
skagit, when you question the exhaust design, is this a production boat or a backyard builder's home special?
Hard to say. Looks production, but the boat is 40 years old, so who knows what's been done to it. It's not a good setup regardless...it just defies too much of the proper exhaust theory I've read about. There's just no room before it goes uphill, and it's ALL uphill from that little 6" bend. I'm going to do a dry riser so I can get at least 12" of vertical and inject the water on the downhill side, appx. 18" before the water lift. Also going to add a new water lift, since the one in there is probably original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
Is there an anti siphone valve set up above the exhaust loop? If so is it working?
No. No anti-siphon anywhere. That's another thing on the list. Even if that's not the problem, it's a good way to...you know...not sink, which is always the #1 goal of a sailing trip. That would go between the seacock and the water pump, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratzcpa View Post
Hey there Skagit. Where are you working on your project? Located at home on the hard . . . or Somers or Dayton? It would be fun to pop by and take a look sometime.

Regards,

markb
Hey Mark! Welcome back to cold country! I'll PM you and we can set up a time to get together. I'd like to know how your trip went.