SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

So how did you guys from the east coast find out Harry needed crew? Ad in the back of...?

I mean, I've seen guys on the dock before a big race wearing sandiwch boards, with a cv on the back side and a "RIDE WANTED" on the front, seabag in hand. But usually, boats pick up crew by referral and word of mouth. That a skipper couldn't fill his crew that way, or was choosing not to, would be a caution to me.

Of course I'm just redneck born on a small island infested with tourists, but I've also got a problem with anyone who lives somewhere for years without picking up some of the native language.

Sandusky-
"Jake I am sorry to hear that you had to endure the race on the ship of fools but your statement quoted above is a bit bothersome. As soon as you turned on the autopilot you were in violation of rule 52 of the 2013-16 rules of racing. There is no penalty or exoneration for breaking that rule, only disqualification."
Actually, the racing rules have alwys allowed the event rules of override them in all ways at all times during an event. So if the event rules allowed use of the auto with just a penalty, the skipper can certainly use it and take the penalty without being dsq'd. Or has this changed in the 2013 version?

Last edited by hellosailor; 08-06-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook