SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Smack, the NOR couldn’t have been more clear. It restricts the use of an auto helm. DSQ. The “Class Rules” does not apply as this particular Jeaneau was not racing as a one design class nor did the governing authority for the Jeaneau one design association submit their class rules prior to the race. I have experience in this area insomuch as I was the chief measurer for my class association and am well aware what you have to do to get your rules accepted by YRA sanctioned events. You cannot make up or change the rules as you go along. If the RC was going to allow auto helms from a certain point onward, they will have to announce it to the rest of the fleet so they too, could take advantage of the rule change. Remember, rules must be applied fairly and equally to all competitors.

Jake, help me out a little bit… How many days before the race did you arrive? When the sail maker showed you the kite, why didn’t he show you how the net was to be rigged on the boat? How did you guys fly the kite? For example, did it have a sock? Please walk me through the gybing procedure. Why didn’t you guys pole out the genoa at night so Harry could sail wing-on-wing? What was the watch schedule? Did you guys ever have to sail through a squall?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook