SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
There is substantive controversy here for sure. In the circumstances, I find the technicality of the NOR to be pretty deminimis. People were fearing for their well being from physical threats to deprivation of food and water on an ill prepared boat.
^^^^This!

I think the interest in the rules is not so much to find fault with RDawg/Jake over even Cap'n Furious - but to try to see how the TransPac RA dealt with this situation vis-a-vis those rules. At least that's the angle I see.

In any case, the use of the AP in relation to the rule is not the real issue...it's the penalty for that use that's at question here. And the "Penalties" notice LetsGo posted above leaves a tremendous amount of squish on that issue. Assuming an automatic DSQ is errant I would say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-06-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook