shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
The facts still remain the facts.
You tried to take someones elses boat over
Um, no we didn't. We considered it because all our lives were in danger. But they ended up finally realizing that we did need to use autohelm, and did it themselves. No threats were involved. (Please reread the posts, or cite whatever gave you this false impression.)
It's in the telling of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Me and jake tried to dominate at helm as much as we could.

[...]

Day 12, Friday, July 19:
Mutiny at dawn

[...]

Mutiny is the only way to survive.

[...]

If we donít take control for the boat and sail her properly, our sails will suffer more damage and water supply will become an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
and there was physical force used.
Um, you mean when the owner tried to hit me over the hit with a winch handle? And rockDAWG deflected it?
And then proceeded to punch the guy in the nose as well as physically grabbing and pushing Jane.

Quote:
Harry came behind and attacked Jake and use his arm around his neck and tried to get our sat phone and throw it over board. I struggled with him and he turned around and picked up the winch handle trying to strike Jake's head. I blocked his arm from hitting Jake. I dared him to strike me. But I was in a combat mode to block and struck his nose. He hesitated for a second and I grabbed and threw the handle away. Jane jumped in the midst of this for our phone, I grabbed her hands and pushed her to the starboard side of the cockpit and sat still.
Btw, and fwiw, here is, at least, one of the apparent threats.

Quote:
I shouted both of them with fouled language that they were no match with my strength and speed. 'Don't be stupid'!!!
Add to the above, that rock titled this thread "Mutiny at Dawn"? Based upon his title and telling of the story, sure reads like someone was trying to take the guy's boat over.

As for the "lives in danger" bit? I am admittedly still scratching my head on that one. Perhaps you'd be willing to elaborate what, exactly you two mean by that? Bc, frankly speaking, am just not seeing anything in the story that remotely supports such a claim.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook