SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Over 500 posts because a member here had a bad experience in a race. This all started as a cluster # and it still is one.
RD has not been back for a while and I don't think he will sue because there is nothing to win, and it would likely stop him from getting any rides in the future. Bad press is not a good thing. Jake has not mentioned suing anyone that I have seen, and seems to be the most rational of the crew. However, the posts have now moved to mutiny laws. Why? Is anyone planning a mutiny in the near future that this would be beneficial to know? Hell, we cannot even agree on how much water there should be per person per day so the jury would have to spend weeks just getting to an acceptable number of gallons.

This post could have been written by the old lady if the crew had included Chef. I think that mutiny would have definetely happened, winch handles would have been swung, and the old lady, as the only survivor, would have sailed in peace...finally....to Hawaii single handed.
She might have even won her division if she had not been DQ'd for the auto pilot usage
before she was a solo sailor. Maybe they would have given her an exception for her pain and suffering.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook