SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013

oceangirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I agree...of course off shore racing is much harder and a different skill set than off shore cruising.....I have done both but never a 14 day race off shore. RD and Jake had 0 offshore race experience and one had no blue water experience even. Even more reason for them to want to learn and sign n with a veteran crew

The took this mans boat over when there really was no imminent danger been proved. Just they were " uncomfortable" The water issue is a straw argument

I would be careful ever including either of the, as crew to a race offshore or even a cruise lest their mutinous history repeat itself. They take no responsibility so they are bound to repeat their actions.
Yes, that is a tough part for me to swallow. For crew to take over the vessel, well, that just cannot happen unless extreme measures needed to be taken. But this wasn't a true mutiny...was it? RD was very colorful and brutal in his writing but I took his use of "mutiny" with a grain of salt. Disobeying orders is not mutiny. They didn't take his vessel. Am I looking at this all wrong?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~Ocean Girl~~
~~Mrs. Rain Dog~~
1989 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Hull# 142

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook