SailNet Community - View Single Post - The danger of GPS as the sole means of navigation.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: The danger of GPS as the sole means of navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
My iPhone is a whole lot easier to understand than my chartplotter, which I have given up on.

I would love to know how to use paper charts better, but I don't believe there is any formal teaching in my area.
You might want to start with this little book. It's not perfect, but it ain't bad either.
Boat Navigation for the Rest of Us: Finding Your Way By Eye and Electronics: Bill Brogdon: 9780071372268: Amazon.com: Books Boat Navigation for the Rest of Us: Finding Your Way By Eye and Electronics: Bill Brogdon: 9780071372268: Amazon.com: Books

Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook