Sal Paradise is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxView View Post
Is this the same Rockdawg?
from Sailnet
Crew, Captain and Owners forum
Post #47
Rockdawg is a Chinese-American who is a doctorate level professional. He is a consumate gentleman, and is a renaissance-type individual who has a wide variety of skills that are particularly useful on a sailboat. His mission to become a solo-circumnavigator has already brought him to cross the Gulf Stream 4 or 5 times in the last year as crew on other sailing vessels, and his accumulated knowledge of every major mechanical and electrical system on sailboats is impressive. Did I mention that he is an accomplished chef and can prepare an above average meal in a rough sea?

Rockdawg is a reliable, knowledgable, polite, loyal, and skilled sailor, who is always advancing his education and experience in the world of sailing. He has an ingenuity and work ethic that is uncommon nowadays. He is comfortable with both taking the captains directions, or taking the initiative in making independent decisions to advance the objectives of the passage in a safe and skillful manner. "Reliability" cannot be underestimated when you pick a crew member...especially when you only have 1 crew! Rockdawg will be the last man standing when the going gets rough. He would always rather be offshore in a sailboat than most any other place.

Rockdawg has become a valued friend of mine with whom I hope to share future sailing adventures. Whenever I sail now, I will call Rockdawg first, and if you are fortunate enough to find him available as crew on one of your trips then you can rest assured that you will be getting a first class gentleman and sailor to help make your passage safe, happy, and successful.

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook