SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Rockdawg is a Chinese-American who is a doctorate level professional. He is a consumate gentleman, and is a renaissance-type individual who has a wide variety of skills that are particularly useful on a sailboat. His mission to become a solo-circumnavigator has already brought him to cross the Gulf Stream 4 or 5 times in the last year as crew on other sailing vessels, and his accumulated knowledge of every major mechanical and electrical system on sailboats is impressive. Did I mention that he is an accomplished chef and can prepare an above average meal in a rough sea?

Rockdawg is a reliable, knowledgable, polite, loyal, and skilled sailor, who is always advancing his education and experience in the world of sailing. He has an ingenuity and work ethic that is uncommon nowadays. He is comfortable with both taking the captains directions, or taking the initiative in making independent decisions to advance the objectives of the passage in a safe and skillful manner. "Reliability" cannot be underestimated when you pick a crew member...especially when you only have 1 crew! Rockdawg will be the last man standing when the going gets rough. He would always rather be offshore in a sailboat than most any other place.

Rockdawg has become a valued friend of mine with whom I hope to share future sailing adventures. Whenever I sail now, I will call Rockdawg first, and if you are fortunate enough to find him available as crew on one of your trips then you can rest assured that you will be getting a first class gentleman and sailor to help make your passage safe, happy, and successful.
G ....
Quote:
edited by tdw, contention not reallly acceptable
..... d.

Great 2nd post, so who called you and suggested the damage control that you felt to join SN now and not before.

This thread has runs its course for me unless someone new from the boat comes forth. We now have the ghosts of Christmas past joining Sailnet to present testimonials.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by tdw; 08-09-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to chef2sail For This Useful Post:
thefacts (08-21-2013)