SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013

ShoalFinder is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
I expressed reservations about posting actual text messages and phone conversations. As I told Randolph in a PM, the moderators have no issues with each party telling his or her version of events. The more who were actually there and want to weigh in, have at it. Where I see it getting sticky is when Randolph said that he has actual phone messages and texts that he wants to post, presumably without the permission of everyone involved in those text/phone conversations.

I certainly have no dog in this fight, nor any undue interest beyond it being a very exciting story for a story's sake. (The key point that Smack has been making all along.)

But when it comes to posting texts and voicemails that people send as inter-personal communications... that's rotten. I don't mean to be negative toward Randolph specifically. I've left voicemails in the heat of the moment that were a) intended solely for the recipient under a context that we both understood at the time, and b) weren't spoken in the manner I'd have preferred had cooler heads prevailed.

Sharing private communications with uninvolved third parties (and God forbid the entire WWW) is an act of Wanton Douchebaggery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook