SailNet Community - View Single Post - know it all ???
Thread: know it all ???
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: know it all ???

Everybody I've ever met who made a statement like that - about anything - was usually woefully short of knowledge.

The ones like that who actually DO know a lot are nearly always insufferable a$$holes or otherwise off kilter in some serious ways. The latest one I met was a steel boat cultist with a strong streak of survivalist about him. He also claimed to have four Ph.D's. Just to top it all off, he was German and personified all the most extreme stereotypes that can engender. Would have made a perfect S.S. officer 75 years ago. The friend who brought him around felt the need to apologize profusely later but I told him that, far from being annoyed, I actually had trouble containing my laughter at the clowns nonsense.

In any case, if you hear that statement from someone, about anything, time to start looking around for the exits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.

Last edited by SloopJonB; 08-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook