SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dodger Sticker Shock!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Dodger Sticker Shock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
So you use the struts to tighten he fabric vrs web straps?
Thanks Chef.

Yes, you got it. SalRite sells hardware that does this, and I may buy two of them for the back rail of the Bimini top (I have to leave my mark in this project too). See here Adjustable Eye Ends Stainless Steel 1" for Dodgers, Biminis & Awnings

The hardware that he used for the dodger support struts, however, is welded (beautifully) onto the stainless support struts. The pieces from SailRite are held with set screws.

I decided to commit to the canvas, and put the money aside last year. I was working at a job that I had been with for over a year, and thought it was going well. I was laid-off in January, and have been looking for a comparable job ever since. If I had lost my job two months earlier, I would have tried to do the work myself. While the dodger would have cost less, the finished product would have lacked many of the details (like the mesh pockets that I love), and it would have looked like I did it myself..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook