SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to Boating - Need Advice on Inflatables
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013

hahnzy is on a distinguished road
New to Boating - Need Advice on Inflatables

My girlfriend and I just moved into an apartment that is a short distance from a public boat slip on the DE River. We really like the idea of getting a small boat to cruise around on, but don't have a vehicle with towing capability, which is why I've been looking a lot at inflatable dinghies.

Basically, I'm looking for a boat that is portable - something that we can deflate and fit into a small car. But of course, it would be a great bonus if the boat could really get moving. I was thinking that I would be purchasing an outboard motor, something between 4 and 10 hp.

Because of the need for portability, it seems like my choices are narrowed to an air floor or a slatted floor - I've been looking closely at the "Zodiac Wave Slat Rollup Floor", and also at the "Bombard by Zodiac Air Floor" (Something around 9 or 10').

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons of each type of boat (slat vs air), or even if anyone had other types of suggestions that they think might suit us better. Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook