SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wanted - boat delivery (Seattle to Vancouver, BC)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013

mtitus is on a distinguished road
Re: Wanted - boat delivery (Seattle to Vancouver, BC)

Brian,

I bought a 27 Catalina in Washington State this past Feb. As far as Canadian Customs goes , my experience was- We sailed into Vancouver Harbour and tied up at the Customs dock in False Creek at the end of Fishermen's Wharf. I then had to call the toll free number posted at the dock. The Customs Agent on the other end of the line will ask you the standard questions and how much you paid for the boat. At that point, then will likely send an agent to you OR they will simply give you a clearance number. Make sure you have all your documentation for the ownership, cost and passports for the crew. The agents at the dock do not collect duties, but refer you to the Downtown Vancouver Customs Office- (Located at the BC Hydro Building on Dunsmuir Street) There you will bring your paperwork and pay the duties and or taxes.
To register the boat, you need to go to Services Canada to get the Application form- That office is located in the 800 block of Burrard Street.

Good luck and best wishes on your new Boat. Many happy hours on the water once she's here.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook