SailNet Community - View Single Post - Air vent for water tank on cs30
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: Air vent for water tank on cs30

Well, I was at the boat for a week and had a chance to look into the water tank air vent situation, I'll just put down what I found for future reference. Checked the water tank. Problem is that you can't see or even feel the whole tank, so it's possible that there's a line I can't see. What lines I could see I could account for and none where a vent line. Galley area, again no lines I could not account for. Only line going to the hand pump is of the main cold water line. Didn't check the plumbing at he head, ( forgot Mainesail mentioning the head ) but checked all lines running from the tank to the head area and no vent line. Bit of a mystery here. the only clue I seem to have is that I fill the tank until I can see water coming up the fill pipe ( only way to be sure the tank is full ). When I do water runs out the hand pump for a couple of minutes. It's possible that the over pressure runs back down the main cold water line to vent out the hand pump which has a pressure relief valve to let the air/water through. Unlikely, and weak at best, but it's all I've got right now.

Last edited by chamonix; 08-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook