SalNichols94804 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Boy, ain't that the truth.

Here's my CV:

-Learned to sail on a day charter in 2008 on a lake in Texas
-Bought into a C27 on that same lake and sailed a lot and had a lot of fun
-In 2010 crewed my first off-shore race, the "Race to The Border", 300 miles from Galveston to South Padre. We DNF'd, along with most of our division, due to literally no wind on day two, which put us all over the finish time.
-Crewed the return delivery on that same 300 mile route.
-In 2011 crewed the "Harvest Moon Regatta", a 150 mile race, on a different boat. There were 186 total boats in that race. We took 3rd in our division.
-I crewed the return on that same 150 mile route - assigned watch captain by the skipper.
-In 2012 I crewed the HYC Offshore Regatta, a 75 mile race, on that same boat. We were 3rd over the line and won our division. I again served as watch captain (I'm pretty proud of that).
-I also crewed that same return, which was an open race with a staggered start based on PHRF. We were in a Pearson 365 Ketch - and were 3rd over the line..in a fleet of J's, Benes, and even a Mac65. We did okay with sail trim.
-Last fall I crewed the deliver of this same boat after the Harvest Moon Regatta - which I was unable to join due to work.

So, true, that's only a total of around 1200 miles of off-shore work. But it's a start.

Oh, and we had a great skipper.
That's great man, keep up the good work. Pity about the lack of breeze.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook