SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcooper0767 View Post
@Chuck, I'm favoring the 36' only because the PHRF is 147 vice 159 for Wing and 12 pts lower for Fin.
But, I do like the Aft head on the 34 better.....
How do you like the performance of the Wing? I'd really like to get your in depth thoughts on that, and your buddies if possible. Any comparisons to fins would help too.
Thanks.
Rob
I talked to a lot of C30 owners before we bought our boat. Everybody said the same thing - unless you're racing you won't notice the difference between the fin and the wing.

You also won't notice the difference between a 147 rated boat and a 159 rated boat.

In the real world the performance of two boats rated that close, sailing side by side will have more to do with the condition of the sails, how the boat is loaded and the skills of the captain.

Find a boat with a layout you like, in good condition and go enjoy the bay with your family.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook