SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
There is no inconsistency here. Jake could have reminded Harry to top off the water tanks, assumed it was done, then didn't learn of the failure to do so until they were at sea. But beyond that, I am a trial lawyer and if two people write out a truthful account of an incident, I can pick it apart like you did and make it look like they are lying. Not because they are lying, but because both memory and communication are not perfect. (The quotes within the quotes above didn't show up, so you'll have to go back to the original post to see what I'm talkin about)
Absolutely right.

Furthermore, taking the line of reasoning that there was, in fact, 18 days of water (i.e. - "they didn't need to top off") the question now becomes why the skipper is only allowing a dangerously sparse 1.5 liters per day to the crew? This isn't rationing - this is punitive withholding. Again, any way you want to slice it, it comes back to the skipper doing an extremely poor job running that boat. Everything else is a reaction to that fact.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-13-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook