SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering PSC for family of 4
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Considering PSC for family of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb View Post
brokesailor, outbund, & cruisingdad

Thanks for the input -- this is what I need to hear.

Presently, we sail a 2005 Hunter 36. Volume down below is nice, but with the beam carried aft, the stern is basically flat. When broad reaching or running, the waves overtaking the stern cause a bit of uncomfortable ride (pitch, yaw, roll, repeat). The amount of free board makes docking somewhat difficult above 12 knots. (Maybe its me and not the wind!)

I did look at Valiant, but they are now out of business. Sabre isn't making any sailboats at present. I did not want to buy a boat built before 2000 for the issues mentioned. PSC has a good write up by Horner in BoatUS reviews, are still in business and on the east coast. So that's how I came to consider them. I also like the rudder design - better protection for the prop and better than a spade rudder.

Please keep the posts coming.

cb
I would take the Hunter before I took the PSC 37 for your use.

How much money are you talking about spending? BTW, note that we have a production boat (ours, C400, beam carried aft) and a double ender (Tayana 42). SO we have experience in both. And another thing I hate about these offshore boats is that they are NOTORIOUSLY slow and poor performers.

What are you trying to accomplish in the new boat that you do not like now?

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook