SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
I'm a performance guy. I feel the need for speed. But i also feel the need not to bump my head every time i go down below and have enough creature comforts to spend a week at a time. Figure of what is most important to you. trading seconds per mile for a more comfortable ride is a trade off well made.

Right now i too am looking for a Chessie boat. Cat 30 is on the list as is the Pearson 323. I figure they are fast enough. And, when i get the jonesin' for real speed on a sailboat i'll just take out the Hobie 16 or hitch a ride on my buddy's Hobie Tiger. Not many blow boats gonna touch either of them in the speed department.
Catalina 30s are known for comfort, not performance nor speed. Definitely not speed. "Fast enough" for a performance and speed lover may leave you disappointed. Unless, of course, you're racing against another C30, in which case you can give yourself the illusion of flying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook