SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wifes Anniversary Present!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013

NewportNewbie is on a distinguished road
Wifes Anniversary Present!!!

I have been wanting a set of electronics for the boat since I have had her, for the past 2 years. I'm a hi-tech guy so it was always something I wanted. Anyway, the local WestMarine is moving and having a sale on "select" items. Usually that means stuff they dont wanna move or cant sell. I walked in a few weeks ago and saw a TackTick T104 Super Sailing system on the clearance table. WOW. I have always liked the idea that it was wireless and solar powered. No wires to run and I can move electronics where I want to move them. This system also has the NMEA interface so I can talk to other devices, even wifi transmitters so I can wirelessly connect ipads, iphones, etc for repeaters or displays anywhere, or connect a computer for navigation, etc. Again, very cool stuff for me! Price was normally $2749. Ouch! They had it marked down to $2000. Then they took 50% off of that! OK...so $1000. Not bad at all. Cant buy ANY boat electronics for that...Wind, speed, depth, mast unit, 2 thru hulls, 2 displays and NMEA interface were all included. I am thinking long and hard about this, when I get an email from WestMarine today. It says that all clearance items are 75% off the reduced price. So the reduced price was $2000...now its $500! I called the wife, told her we sould jump on it. Problem was, I worked until 8, they closed at 8. I called an verified it was there, had them hold it, and told the wife that maybe she should pick it up. I called them back to verify it was there, and they told me it was lost...they cant find it! Im Pissed! A few more call backs and they still cant find it! I come home, rant and rave to my wife about it and she pulls a bag out and says, "Happy Anniversary". Our Anniversary is next week....wow...shes amazing!!! She said that she was going to wait and give it to me next week, but she thought I might go into WestMarine and lose my cool...lol...So anyway, looking forward to getting this system installed!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook