SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

@Donna,
This thread has helped me think of many new considerations. Draft is a primary issue, but so is livability and do I want to get that boat that doesn't have to be a "trade-up" later - and as we have more free time (whatever that is!) and can go further, is it capable of transiting to Bahamas, something I'd like to do someday.
@DrB,
That exact thought crossed my mind last night as I "laid me down to sleep"
Cost - operating, et.al. is an ongoing issue.....I was thinking about slip fees, and the over 35' seems the magic number for a much larger yearly bill, winter storage too........gotta ponder that one! May want to keep below (still like that Tartan 37 though!).
@Jim
C&C's are nice, need to get aboard a few sizes and look. The C30 MKII looks real nice and has nice appointments. I think they are "too new", too much $ from what I've found on yachtworld and sailboatlistings.com to name a few.
Also, "right on" with work/access.......my P30 requires a contortionist to check the darn oil........do-able, but a bit harder at my age (54) and will only get tougher as I "age gracefully"

Back to Donna: I'm laughing a bit at myself.....I have had tangential thoughts pinging around in this thread.......so much to consider when choosing a "new" boat if this comes to pass. Based on my P30 and the likes/dislikes, and how long it took me to narrow that one down, the runoff ended with CAL30 and Pearson30, I now have a better feel on what the wife likes, and for this to be a family hobby, need to consider that so it stays a good thing for the whole family to enjoy, not just me.
Cheers,
Rob
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook