SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
post #38 of Old 08-14-2013 Thread Starter
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

This thread has helped me think of many new considerations. Draft is a primary issue, but so is livability and do I want to get that boat that doesn't have to be a "trade-up" later - and as we have more free time (whatever that is!) and can go further, is it capable of transiting to Bahamas, something I'd like to do someday.
That exact thought crossed my mind last night as I "laid me down to sleep"
Cost - operating, is an ongoing issue.....I was thinking about slip fees, and the over 35' seems the magic number for a much larger yearly bill, winter storage too........gotta ponder that one! May want to keep below (still like that Tartan 37 though!).
C&C's are nice, need to get aboard a few sizes and look. The C30 MKII looks real nice and has nice appointments. I think they are "too new", too much $ from what I've found on yachtworld and to name a few.
Also, "right on" with work/ P30 requires a contortionist to check the darn, but a bit harder at my age (54) and will only get tougher as I "age gracefully"

Back to Donna: I'm laughing a bit at myself.....I have had tangential thoughts pinging around in this much to consider when choosing a "new" boat if this comes to pass. Based on my P30 and the likes/dislikes, and how long it took me to narrow that one down, the runoff ended with CAL30 and Pearson30, I now have a better feel on what the wife likes, and for this to be a family hobby, need to consider that so it stays a good thing for the whole family to enjoy, not just me.

Best Regards, Rob
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome