SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mounting ST winches - where to point the arms?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mounting ST winches - where to point the arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
Thanks Andrew - I have a paper copy that came in the box with the winches (although it's still absurdly faint). Basically looks like the port winch arm should point around 110-120 degrees, and the starboard around 290-300 degrees.
Anyway, nice looking winch, feels really solid and very well made. And shiny. Mmmmm, shiny.
No problem but if you do want the blow ups, they are distinctly darker and clearer than the original documentation, just drop me a line with your email address.

I'm glad you have the all stainless version. Unfortunately ours are the version with a plastic cover over the ST jaws and these are quite simply effing useless. I replaced the covers two years ago but noticed last week they are already starting to collapse. I'd retrofit the all stainless but I fear that will mean a completely new drum.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook