SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pilothouses (good for wife?) bright and airy
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013

Thebriansnyder is on a distinguished road
Pilothouses (good for wife?) bright and airy

I stayed aboard our 272 Oday with my wife and 2 kids for about a month at a marina, we are looking for a little larger boat, not necessarily to live on yet, but just allow a little more space. I like the Nauticat 33 pilothouse. I have read countless forums regarding the inherent sailing limitations of a "motor sailor". The question is in regards to the pilothouse itself. My wife has depression and I can tell that being on a boat exposed to sunshine she feels much better. I feel like a pilothouse allows her to spend more time being above the water line with large open windows compared to being down below in a typical monohull (can't afford a catamaran) she likes the idea and feels like it will be a nice sunroom for her to sit and relax. It seems an added benefit is on rainy or cold days we are still exposed to more light than we would when cooped up down below. We may liveaboard in the future and we would get a larger boat but I really like this nauticat 33. Any thoughts on pilothouse sailboats improving your mood due to more light?

Thanks
From a husband that has a wife who is willing to liveaboard in a few years, trying to make her happy.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook