SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Fastnet

From a British sail magazine:

Fastnet Race 2013: French Domination

Double-handed father and son team takes overall victory and French take the top 10 by storm.

Not only does this year's Fastnet Race look likely to be dominated by the French, the overall winner is a two handed boat with father and son team Pascal and Alexis Loison from Cherbourg, France. Their JPK 10.10, Night and Day, arrived at 07:19:57 BST this morning making their elapsed time 3 days 18 hours 29 minutes and 57 seconds for the 611 mile race. The Loisons slipped across the finishing line 36 minutes ahead of sistership Noel Racine's Foggy Dew which was fully crewed.
Winning the overall IRC prize in the Rolex Fastnet Race means that Pascal and Alexis Loisin will receive the Fastnet Challenge Cup as well as a Rolex Chronograph.
In such a tactical race for a two handed crew to take the top prize in the world's biggest offshore race is particulary impressive.
Also impressive is the French dominance in the overall standings with the current rankings showing 12 of the top 15 places occupied by French sail numbers, five of them JPK 10.10 models.

Read more at Fastnet Race 2013: French Domination | Yachting World

Father and son crew winning the Fastnet... really nice. Chapeau and congratulations to them.

On the top 15 5 JPK 10.10, besides the overall win...I have been telling you guys that is a great boat. Results shows that I know what I am talking about, at least in this case LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook