SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1970-75 Pearson 33 or 1970 Columbia 36
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002

DARE-Oriental is on a distinguished road
1970-75 Pearson 33 or 1970 Columbia 36

Barnaby,
We sail a ''73 P-33. This is a boat that has been in my family many years. In fact we had ''66 Vanguard when I was a teenager (50 next month)

We think the P-33 is a great sailing boat. This model was made with 2 interior layouts. Our is the "competetion" model. The interior is not as comfortable as the "cruising "model.

No frills and quite sparse by today''s standards, but hopefully the one yuo''re looking at has been upgraded and cared for

Most all were built with Atomic 4. We did a change out with Universal diesel 10 yrs ago that was a perfect match to replace the A 4.

seaworthy? absolutely, for what they are. these are coastal boats. Our creek is shallow so we love the centerbord. 3''10" up. But they are well designed and built ( and comparably fast) I''ll want a different boat when I''m able to spend more than 2 weeks at a time.

"Molly Frances" A 72 model with A 4 , OK condition, crising model,new jib,old main, motivated seller sold (in 2000?) in Oriental. He was asking high teens. Don''t know sales price.

If you get really interested I can fax copies of original sales brochure and other info.

Obviously I''m prejudiced.

feel free to email me burtonkennedy@remax.net
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook