SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making a living as a liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013

melody1204 is on a distinguished road
Re: Making a living as a liveaboard

I have a full-time job with a promotional marketing company that I'm fortunate enough to still be able to do from the boat, but I also have side jobs that I do for extra income.

I've updated websites for people (found on Craigslist, word of mouth, etc.) as well as built some from scratch. Simple stuff, as I'm not a professional web designer, but I know enough to make a decent looking site and I can read/write html.

I also make jewelry and have my own online jewelry shop called Maggie & Milly. You can check it out here! www.maggieandmilly.com

I write a blog called Saving To Sail that has a post on ways to replenish the cruising kitty.

Basically you just have to be creative and versatile. Some things may bring you money one month, but not the next, so just take that into consideration. Some months I make a nice chunk of change making and selling jewelry, but sometimes I thank my lucky stars that I still have a full-time job.

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea.
~ e.e cummings
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook