SailNet Community - View Single Post - Choosing the Perfect Boat
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: Choosing the Perfect Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
I'm having a hard time reconciling a character who needs to "get there fast" with going by sailboat.
Here's the story line as I've gathered from Dee:

The main character is a world class woman sailor. A person or persons buys the "perfect boat" Dee is trying to find for the heroine to sail from Marseille to Gibraltar to Panama to Hawaii to the Marshalls and finally to Micronesia. All of the stops are important to the story.

My guess is the heroine either volunteered for this mission or has the proverbial gun to her head and has to go. Whatever the need for speed, that comes from the person(s) for whom she's heading out on this mission. I'm assuming the person(s) behind this mission probably don't care about the heroine's comfort. Dee did say she has to be challenged and she may or may not be singlehanding the boat on some legs.

Early on I was thinking a proven bluewater cruiser. But knowing what I do now, I'm thinking an Open 40. It would work if the heroine had placed well or won open ocean races. And the French seem to have a penchant for these boats.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMor For This Useful Post:
DeeB (08-18-2013)