SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
post #58 of Old 08-18-2013 Thread Starter
Robcooper0767

Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

@Alex W: And why is the 34-2 really a 34.5' boat!! And the "old" P34 is a 33.78'.......one explanation might be the same as the one for my P30, a 29 and change' boat. The P30 has to be "under 30'" to allow it to compete on the race circle when it was first introduced...I think that the P34 might have similar rationale, but maybe the later Pearsons didn't have that race thing that they had to meet.....or something??

@Dave and Jim,
Thanks for info. As I further and further refine, I'm using the input to search in smaller and smaller circles.
Interesting that the Sabre 34MKI is a nice, nicely built boat, but 20 points higher than the MKII. I'm not sure what I'm really getting on a MKI that would justify the traditional layout inside and a higher PHRF number than the nicer, faster MKII that is over 50K and out of my range.

SABRE: Any Sabre owners want to chime in on the MKI....I know there is a very faithful following, and they are built well, but the galley, creature comforts (shower), seem limited on a 34'er.

Best Regards, Rob
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome