SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW Single-handed (well almost) Part2
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW Single-handed (well almost) Part2

Ah, Gary, you keep showing up nearby! We're in Solomons now and thinking of continuing back south to Florida sometime next month. Maybe we'll see you in the Keys or somewhere in between. Here's an old photo of my Morgan OI33 that we had for 13 years:

I loved my 33', but our two children kept growing, so we've been on our 41' since 1985. I've been lucky to be with an avid sailing partner,- Nancie and I will be taking our 23rd trip down the east US coast this fall. We sometimes run into challenges....

.....but things are working out OK.
I see you have a metal toe rail on your 33. I removed my teak rail some years ago and I've not replaced it. Is yours a refit? If so, what was the source of your rail? I think I've seen a couple of Morgans of your vintage with original rails like that, but they are uncommon. Wether you're single-handed or not, we've love to cross wakes sometime!
By the way, we are actually very rarely aground!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take Care and Joy, Aythya Crew

Last edited by CaptainForce; 08-19-2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook