SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

S:
Appreciate your comments, thank you for your Service to our Nation!
I'm still considering them. A fellow in the Marina I'm temporarily at with the P30 (he works at the Marina) gave me his keys to his C34 (1988). This boat is probably in the best shape of any sailboat I have ever seen (I'm not exaggerating at all). Large cockpit, large foredeck for the girls to tan (yes, we know they will), and nice belowdecks. What I did notice is the aft head "shortens" the cabin from the ladder forward. The vee berth seems very "close", since there is no midships head to lengthen the visual distance to the vee berth bulkhead. That took some getting used to and I just stayed below to get adjusted to it. It is a VERY family friendly layout, I know the wife would like it. Sailing characteristics are good, nice PHRF rating.
It's still on the list......the "newer ones", like John's 1988 are probably as old as I want to go. Can you tell me when the 1988-like design would have begun? Since C34's are so large in numbers, did that "1988" look start a few years earlier? I noticed that the Catalina Yachts emblem is the "newer" design on his boat, on the port and starboard stern area...
Thanks for the websites!
R
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook