SailNet Community - View Single Post - How we chose a school
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013

CaribDream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy:1076565
Ok..you can enlighten us as to the total costs associated with taking all the ASA courses you mentioned and somone else can enlighten us as to the cost of coarses taken the other route USCG or US Power Squadron courses.
Sure. It looks like the prices have changed a bit, but generally it was about $5000 for the week. This was just my wife and I, and a husband/wife capt./instructor couple. They handled provisions, all cooking (we were very happy with the meals) and cleanup. Training was 100% hands on, only sharing instructor's attention with your spouse. In this way, I feel I gained far more experience and practuce time than I would have in a class based setting with 4 or 5 other students.

Also, being a private charter in the Keys, each night we were in a new anchorage. School/training ended at dinner, allowing for us to enjoy cocktails aboard and visit a few local beach bars with live entertainment. You know what they say - work hard, play hard. Nothing better after a day under sail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook