View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
One can only imagine what that moron clinging onto the mast was thinking...

Unbelievably, according to the person who posted this to Youtube, this appears to be a local licensed captain, taking guests out for a ceremony to scatter someone's ashes at sea...

Perhaps one of the stoopidest calls since the late actor George C Scott tried to take the yacht MOJO out of Morro Bay with a big swell running...

No, the guy on the mast was definitely not thinking anything, his brain was erased about two seconds before the first wave, and the rest was pure clinging by instinct. Later after it was over he was thinking " Eww, what is that smell and why am I so wet?".

The rest were thinking "Dagnabit, I just know all of my dry clothes are not dry now, and how long will it take my bunk to dry out after we get the water out of the cabin." Except for the cook, who was thinking "I don't know who is going to clean the spaghetti off of everything, but it sure is not gonna be me!". The one who was cleaning it later was thinking "Man, I sure hope that is only spaghetti, and only from the pot."