SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

thefacts is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
They made it to Hawaii without running out of water right? So the water was not an issue. I would have much rather have sailed Oahu rather than Hilo. Oahu much better wind strength and direction (Hilo on Big Island blocks the trades, poor wind, and on top of that, if you miss Hilo, you will either run into a shear sea cliff or hot lava running into the sea. Better have a good engine.

Where is boat now and where is it going?
Water issue pure fable. Could have been verified by Dawg and Jake (Jonah) but they never asked. Not a good story, without survival tension or abuse, heh? The Captain could have sailed the race single handed if need be. There was not another Navigator!!! The insurrections being more frequent, and the scuttling of water etc , the Captain decided to resign the race, and off load our mutineers'. Much to my, Jane's (not a girlfriend but business partner) protesting in favor of sailing the course. 'such an evil thing to do, I know!'
The vessel is in Honolulu, and plans are being drawn to sail to Fuji, and the exotics.
Or alternatively to buddy boat with a vessel leaving for California in October depending on Weather Routers, recommendations.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook