SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Did you look at the Erickson on Kent. I have a friend intestestd in it. Was it worth seeing
It was our third boat and the one I really wanted to see. The listing did the boat justice. It sold a day or two after we saw it. There was another similarly priced E38-200 in Severna Park that has been removed from the listings. PM me if you want to know the details.

The next best E38-200 was the 1990 one in Jersey City. Great condition, well cared for, well equipped. Listed at $69K. The best overall condition (by a small margin) was the PSC built '91 E38-200 in Noank, CT but it's listed at $99,495. We heard many times the PSC built Ericsons are not Pacific Seacraft build quality, but the same build quality as Ericson with a little better electrical & plumbing installations. They even sold for about the same as earlier Ericsons but owners think they are worth much more.

For older boats in great condition we both thought the '83 Tartan 37C in Noank was tops. The owner gave us a tour and you could tell he loves this boat. He's moving up to a Hylas or similar.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook